Gooey chocolate pud
oozy, boozy chocolate pudding with a soft, gooey centre.
- 1 tsp butter
- 150 g dark bittersweet chocolate
- half tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp brandy, rum or whisky
- 85 g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp plain flour, sifted
- Heat oven to 190C. Butter four 150 ml heatproof souffle moulds
or ramekins and place on a baking tray.
- Chop the chocolate roughly and place in a heatproof bowl set
over a pot of gently simmering water. Remove from the heat when
melted, stir well, and allow to cool slightly.
- Beat in the vanilla essence, brandy and caster sugar. Beat in
the egg yolks, one by one, and then the flour. The mixture will
be fairly stiff.
- Whisk or beat the egg whites until stiff and peaky, then gently
fold them into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the moulds and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until puffed
and well-risen. They should still be gooey inside.